After taking a CPR class, a free CPR refresher is great to have available. After you take an actual CPR class that follows guidelines from The American Heart Association, it’s easy to forget your skills. Let’s face it, how much can you remember from one CPR class, and how often do you want to repeat it. Usually, not at all until that CPR certification card expires two years later.
Here is a free CPR refresher you can keep at your fingertips for your own use, to forward to family and friends, and definitely for your work team so that they can keep the process fresh in mind!
Remember – nothing beats a CPR Class in person. Check out our CPR classes in Atlanta. Here is a free refresher of CPR in list form:
- If someone collapses, call 911
- Look for normal breathing, no longer than 10 seconds
- If they are breathing, turn them on their side (either side is fine)
- If they aren’t breathing, or only gasping – perform CPR!
- 30 deep compressions, in the center of their chest
- 2 quick breaths, just enough to get the chest to rise
- Repeat – Don’t stop!
- Immediately when the AED arrives, turn it on and follow directions
This refresher is, well – FREE! It can be priceless if you need the knowledge.
Remember, anyone can help another person. Remember to only be prudent with your care. Don’t give up like seen on TV! Don’t accept anything in return for helping another person. These tips keep you within good Samaritan guidelines.